Sparkling Coffee Ice Cream Float
Beat the summer heat with this new recipe featuring Charleston Coffee Roasters Beach House Blend with a sparkling twist!
Inspired by our collaboration with author Mary Alice Monroe’s Beach House book series, our Beach House Blend coffee is the star of this recipe. It’s made with a lusciously dark French roast coffee which allows the coffee flavor to pop after adding simple syrup, Daysie Coconut Almond Syrup (made right here in Charleston), and soda water, which is then topped with rich, vanilla ice cream. Order your Beach House Blend + Daysie Coconut Almond Syrup Set here.
Put your feet up, sit back, and escape to Charleston with every sip!
SPARKLING COFFEE ICE CREAM FLOAT
Coffee Simple Syrup:
1 cup espresso (approximately 4 shots) OR 1 cup strongly brewed coffee made with Charleston Coffee Roasters Beach House Blend
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup soda water
1/4 cup Coffee Simple Syrup
1 teaspoon Daysie Coconut Almond Syrup (optional)
1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- Place the espresso or strong brewed coffee and granulated sugar in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer until the sugar is dissolved and the syrup is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Combine the soda water and syrups in a glass.
- Add 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Garnish with a steel or recyclable straw, if desired.