Pumpkin Spice Irish Coffee
Inspired by the essence of the autumn season, this recipe has a surprisingly fresh twist on traditional Irish Coffee. Featuring Charleston Coffee Roasters dark and rich Harvest Blend as the foundational coffee element, this recipe combines the warmth of bourbon or whiskey with the velvety texture of pumpkin-spiced whipped cream. Sit back and enjoy the warmth of this comforting drink.
KEY RECIPE ELEMENTS
CHARLESTON COFFEE ROASTERS HARVEST BLEND: This blend is made with coffees from Colombia, Mexico, and Guatemala and then roasted to a bold profile, which is rich, dark, and smooth but never bitter.
PUMPKIN SPICED WHIPPED CREAM: Made with heavy cream, powdered sugar, real pumpkin puree, and a dash of pumpkin pie spice, this whipped cream is the perfect topping to this Irish Coffee drink!
DAYSIE PUMPKIN SPICE SYRUP: This all-natural syrup, with notes of cinnamon and warm spices, adds a touch of sweetness to this recipe and brings forward the comforting flavors of the season.
Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream:
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Coffee (per serving):
6 ounces freshly brewed Charleston Coffee Roasters Harvest Blend coffee
1 teaspoon Daysie Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup
1 1/2 ounces Bourbon or Whiskey Ground
Cinnamon, for garnish
- Place the heavy cream, powdered sugar, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice in a small mixing bowl.
- Use a hand mixer or whisk to whip the cream. Store the whipped cream in the fridge until serving. The recipe makes enough for 6-8 coffees.
- Pour hot water into a coffee mug to warm the glass, about 1 minute.
- Pour out the water and add the coffee, along with the Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup and the Bourbon
- Carefully layer 2 tablespoons of the whipped cream mixture on top of the coffee.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve immediately. Enjoy!