No Bake Coffee Cheesecake
When it’s too hot to bake but you’re still craving something sweet, try this No Bake Coffee Cheesecake recipe. With Charleston Coffee Roasters brewed coffee in the cream cheese filling and ground coffee in the cookie crust, it’s the perfect dessert to perk you up on a hot day.
Making a cheesecake is usually an involved process. It requires a long baking time, but also time for the cheesecake to chill and set. But with the “no bake” variety, you only need a handful of ingredients and about 30 minutes for it to chill. Even better, you can keep the cheesecake in the freezer for whenever the urge strikes!
For a basic no bake recipe, we used the simple combination of whipped cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. But you could also add in another fresh cheese, such as tangy goat cheese or silky mascarpone cheese if you prefer. We also added a little Charleston Coffee Roasters brewed coffee to the cheese mixture to add a touch of coffee flavor. For this recipe, we would recommend one of our Dark Roasts, such as our Kiawah Organic blend coffee. Our Cold Brew would also taste just as good too. Just be sure the brewed coffee is chilled before adding it to the sweetened condensed milk.
The crust of the cheesecake is a combination of crushed spice cookies and ground Charleston Coffee Roasters coffee for a bold coffee flavor. For ease in prep and serving, we like to make these mini cheesecakes in small reusable glass jars. Just spoon a couple of tablespoons of the crust mixture into the bottom of each jar, and use the back of the spoon to press it down. Top with a couple of spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture, screw the lid on the jars, and freeze until set. The jars stack easily in the freezer for easy storage.
When you’re ready to serve, top each cheesecake with a swirl of whipped cream and either a sprinkle of ground coffee or a chocolate covered espresso bean….or both!
NO BAKE COFFEE CHEESECAKE
1 cup spiced cookie crumbs, such as Biscoff or Speculoos
1/2 cup ground Charleston Coffee Roasters coffee
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons brewed and chilled Charleston Coffee Roasters coffee
16 ounces whipped cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- Place the cookie crumbs and ground coffee in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the melted butter to the crumb mixture and stir until butter is evenly distributed and mixture looks like wet sand.
- Divide the crust mixture between 8 4-ounce glass jars. Use the back of the spoon to press the crust down until packed.
- Place the sweetened condensed milk and brewed coffee in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Gently fold in the cream cheese using a spatula until well combined and there are no streaks of cream cheese.
- Spoon the filling into the jars over the crust and smooth the tops. Screw on the lids and place the jars in the freezer. Freeze until set, at least 30 minutes and up to 5 days.